Again to make use of the sample panels, I sewed this simple tunic dress with the strobilantes dyed cotton - sort of "slow fashion".
Plants from the area behind my apartment gathered mainly are sumac and bamboo and a little silver dollar eucalyptus from florist.
After an hour bundle boiling with the techniques learnt in Irit's workshop, I opened it with pleasure.
This piece of silk prints was idled in stash long. Why not make something with it? Yes, with my limit sewing skills I decided to turn it into wearable.
The strobilantes got from Michel Garcia's workshop since 2012 (last post) is growing so well in my yard.
I picked a few fresh strobilantes leaves from the pot and fermented for a few days for the grayish green dye of cotton.
With the helping hands of Mogi I finished it.......
The cotton dyed and sewed into a tunic
A tunic with gray tone from front to back of all natural botanical imprints and dyes from own grown strabilantes which is traditional for indigo vat. Since I do not have much leaves to make indigo paste this is the simple way to color the pure white fabric to match the garment tone.
Though intended to make it a bit large, it may be tight for a friend overseas. I still sent it over as a making reference and hope it fits someone there.