Sunday, March 9, 2014

Playing with natural dye and textures 天然印染質感羊毛手袋


My students wanted to make wool felt bag with flap and sturdy handle.  They asked if they can learn.  I love my students who challenge or drive my creativity. I said surely they can make it. Before the workshop taking place I made the sample. The bag mainly to show the nuno felt textures and more feminine of purple.  
Instead of the usual leaves printed silk fabric I used, I made use of the logwood dyed scraps to put on the flap, with little mulberry silk also dyed in the same pot to decorate the flap surface. 
This silk scarf was dyed in Canada while Sharon G. and I first tried logwood dye. The shades of purple are pretty. 
A glimpse of how I made it..... Laid the white and purple wool with enclosed resist, made the sturdy round handle, some silk strips on surface decoration....... Rubbing and "rock n roll" a lot.........
Here came  the set of handbag - double flaps, inner pocket and magnet button. A set of handbag with scarf. 
My friends know me well my fav lavender, so I'd call this lavender series.
Isn't it go well with the nuno felt dress? That's the textures I love to play.

My recent creation of natural dyed color - "purple love".
Thank you my darling girl showing off this.






9 comments:

  1. The finished bag and scarf look spectacular on your lovely daughter,Terriea! I love your logwood dye work. it's not always easy to get such fine purples! And it looks like that bag is already being requested by a potential customer!! ( I saw the face Book request!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet words on my daughter. Ya, I like her to show my stuff, better look on the young! I think logwood dye varies on amount of chips and time of simmering. This set of purple scarf and bag look good and more feminine. The potential customer is my ex-colleague we haven't seen for long. A chance to catch up again.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely delicious! A fabulous combination of texture and colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Terrie,
    I love your passionate purple purse and scarf. They are both very beautiful. You are a very talented lady to create such wonderful art pieces. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purple is one of my fav colors. This set looks neat and feminine. Just like to experiment. Thanks for you sweet comments.

      Delete
  4. Loving your logwood purples! Really gorgeous colour..
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello good and faithful friend who loves purple. My mil always loved that color and so does my youngest daughter. I am sure there i9s no limit to what you can create when you put your mind to it. As usual what you made is quite stunning and a show piece for others to see and love your work. I can always tell by your words how much you love what you do and how you love to share and teach others. Thank you for coming to visit me at my blog and for always leaving such sweet comments. It truly uplifts me and makes me happy.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Terriea from NY! I love the scarf and the bag is wonderful! Wish we lived closer I'd take a class from you! So glad you share ideas and how to's so we can try things out, I love experimenting with wool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. Wool is versatile. If we can work and experiment together would be fun !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...