Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cobweb wool cape 羊毛網絡斗篷

It's already Feb, we're into spring and weather is not that cold. A slip-in cobweb is light to put on.
I made this cobweb with merino wool, Wenssleydale fleece and mulberry silk.

Laid a thin layer of merino wool over a bubble wrap resist with an inch outside the margin.


Added on mulberry silk and stripes of red merino wool plus some Wensleydale fleece. Sprayed lukewarm soapy water.



Turned it over and wrapped the the margins. Then put on the same wool and stripes over this side and enclosed all around.




Covered with a bubble wrap. Rubbed over it with a piece of bubble wrap in soapy water helped moving around easily.





Then bundled it and rolled for back & forth 100 times.






Unbundled and rubbed it lightly as washing. It's a cobweb, no need to rub long. So it takes less time to finish. Cut the neckline and completed.




A finish look - light and soft.





I first completed it with very loose webs. It fits my size.






I then remade it to smaller webs. I gave it to my colleague's 10-year girl Jas. I told her that this is a chic design of a cobweb cape, that is with some "holes". Hope she likes it and not be sneered as a worn out cape!!

Linking with Creative Princess

Linking with ThesePeasTasteFunny


Linking with FreeStyleFriday


Linking with LadyBirdIn

14 comments:

  1. Terrie, the cape is beautiful. I am always amazed by the things you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this really blows my mind! I love the color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melinda, the red Wensleydale fleece (fringes) I made with was given by you. I love the curly look so much.

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous. I am just awestruck by the process. Thanks so much for sharing at our Link It Up Thursday party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderfull work you did with this cobweb! I like it very much!
    Thank you for visited my blog and left a comment. That gave me the opportunity to visit your blog and see your gorgeus crafts. I'll keep follow you since I'm your follower now! Please come and visit my blog too anytime you want.
    Have a nice week end!
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful job, you look so lovely in that color,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cape! Love that cobweb look! I am going to have to try this1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrie that cape is so gorgeous and i'm sure she will love wearing it. I always love to see what your doing to as your creations are stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is incredibly pretty and so delicate looking, I love it

    I've not tried more delicate felting yet, still at the the chunky stage! maybe I'll get brave soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terri, I absolutely LOVE those colors and have you ever thought about selling your lovely things to a store? Your bags and delicate clothing articles are so pretty. (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susanne, you're just being kind. Hope one day I can launch my "brand". Haha, dreaming now.

      Delete
  10. Terrie this is so pretty! I love the colours.. beautiful work as always x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Terri!! I just popped over your blog to say a big hello and WOW! What a beautiful shawl - so delicate and so pretty! I love it!! I love the cobweb effect too!! If I had one, I'd never wear it - cos it's such a work of art, I'd want to just stare at it and keep it as pristine as possible! Wonderful! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is great! Even after reading your instructions i am not sure how you did it, will have to get into felting a bit first ... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...